I am planning to stop over in Singapore on my next trip back to the UK. So now I need to work out which is the best hotel to stay in Singapore, and by best I mean the one with the best hotel swimming pool.
A very quick online search suggests these ten hotels have great pools:
- Marina Bay Sands – infinity pool
- The Fullerton Bay Hotel – rooftop infinity pool
- The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore – infinity pool
- The St. Regis Singapore rooftop – infinity pool
- The InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay – infinity pool
- The Pan Pacific Singapore outdoor – infinity pool
- The W Singapore – Sentosa Cove – infinity pool
- The Four Seasons Hotel Singapore – infinity pool
- The Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore – free-form pool
- The Capella Singapore – infinity pool
The pool at the Marina Bay Sands hotel
The Marina Bay Sands is the most famous of these pools. My husband has stayed there and he told me it looks great but was super busy. He didn’t swim, can you believe that!? This pool is one of the largest rooftop pools in the world. It is located on the 57th floor and is approximately 150 meters (492 feet) long and 3 meters (10 feet) deep.
But now it is time to research the others, find out how long they are and whether there are dedicated laps for swimmers etc etc I’m on it! And I have a few months in which to do my researches and pick which pool and hotel to stay at.
I will be having a good hunt through the website Singapore Travel Insider by my friend Marianne Rogerson. Marianne lived in Singapore for seven years and continues to visit regularly, so she will be my virtual assistant as I plan where to eat, shop and play when I visit!